«

»

Minutes for September 25, 2018 Meeting

Friends of Green Lake Meeting, Tuesday September 25, 2018, Hearthstone

Convened at 7:00 PM

Attendees:
Rob ZisetteKaren SchurrMadalyn MincksAlice PoggiGail SandersonJeff HowardJosephine JardineDon DeibertMonica HinkleyTom SchubertEllen HewittBrian DeLuca

Following around the table introductions, Rob Z chaired the meeting. The minutes of the previous meeting were reviewed.

KS provided the Treasurer’s Report, noting that to date account was $5,836.40 with a contribution of $275 from the Taiga Hinkley memorial source, as noted by KS and MH.

MH commented that any work to memorialize Taiga should have a practical benefit to patrons of the park. JJ suggested a planting of a tree or similar act would be appreciated. MH suggested the webpage story about any memorial to Taiga might include a photo of him kayaking – one of his favorite activities.

RZ and AP commented on discussions with Seattle Parks and Recreations’ (SP&R) Kathleen Conner and Pamela Kliment regarding general topics and the requirements to implement/install the Path Location Safety Marker plaques. RZ/AP/BD will meet with PamK at Community Center (date/time TBD) to discuss implementation scheme. BD will prepare letter to Police/Fire Department/Emergency Services cadres to solicit their support.

KS discussed the deleterious elm tree issues near the Bath House area.

EH discussed the FOGL website link to Seattle Channel’s online video of an interview with RZ talking about FOGL’s work (Check it out!).

Discussion regarding T-Dock device for lake level monitoring.

JH will continue to do Secchi Disk monitoring at T-Dock.

GS briefed FOGL regarding unfavorable health impacts of GPS and Cell Phone towers along Ravenna Blvd, as they are affecting nearby residents.

AP noted that we need to follow projects around the lake which may unfavorably affect park and lake quality. King County Waste Water Treatment personnel will attend Nov 2018 meeting to discuss the topic.

EH discussed issue of HALA Housing Affordability and Livability construction impacts as they may affect the park’s general environment.

KS noted a Parliamentary Procedure training session on Saturday 13 October 1:30 – 4:00 pm at the Greenwood Library.

Next meeting scheduled for Tue 27 Nov 2018.

Brian DeLuca, FOGL Recording Secretary