«

»

Minutes for March 26, 2019 Meeting

Friends of Green Lake Meeting, Tuesday January 22, 2019, Hearthstone

Convened at 7:00 PM

Attendees:
Rob ZisetteBruce EidelsonAlice PoggiRebecca RingerGayle GarmanJeff HowardAnita Gras BryantDon TorcasoRichard FlemingMonica HinkleyGina HarmonEllen HewittKaren SchurrPete HinkleyRuth BaetzBrian DeLuca

Following around the table introductions, Rob Z chaired the meeting.

KS began with discussion of modifications underway to improve facilities and access to the West beach bathhouse, to include updates to bathrooms and showers. She presented graphic plans to show the nature of the work being done. Needed exterior lighting, e.g. light poles intend to follow original architectural standard of the Olmsted Project designs.

RZ began discussion with a progress report on FOGL’s proposition to install paved path safety/location marker plaques. BD will provide written information and assistance to the Hearthstone Residents Committee, engaging their support to demonstrate park patron desire for such a project to be completed. This will include a letter describing the proposed project and a petition to proceed, for Hearthstone resident signatures. FOGL steering committee comprises: RZ, BD, AP, KS and EH. AP will coordinate with Parks Department and Department of Neighborhoods, to arrange a meeting for AP and BD to meet with them and develop a plan forward to successful completion. This will include discussion of the financial grant processes and coordination with needed city officials and their project planners.

Next was discussion of the candidates for the Taiga Hinkley memorial. Funds to such end are suggested to be prioritized as:

  • A viewing platform at the West shore Turtle Logs. They are a popular viewing item for park strollers, but access to a view point is made difficult by shoreline vegetation and the steep grade to that point, prohibitively difficult for park patrons with mobility challenges.
  • RZ provided a comprehensive briefing on floating islands for habitat and water quality improvement, for both domestic and international examples. See < https://www.biomatrixwater.com/contact/about-us/ > plus his meeting presentation.
  • Construction of a boat ramp at the Boat Rental facility adjacent to the North East T-Dock. JH provided comments on Clarke Gray’s proposed plan for the boat ramp. He provided update on his lake water monitoring and its website available for public viewing of the collected historical information.

KS presented the Treasurer’s Report which notes payments made for FOGL’s website services and Post Office fees. BL was added as an authorized signatory for FOGL financial transactions.

EH reviewed updates to the FOGL website.

Next meeting is scheduled for Tue 28 May 2019.

Brian DeLuca, FOGL Recording Secretary